Friday 5 August 2011

Seed grown into a vacuum








My second university project was to design a vacuum for students. I created mood boards as to what I wanted to look at and choose to look more towards prototype cars as there was a lot of media on the 1000 pound car design challenge (shown on my mood boards). I became very interested into researching the new concepts, technologies such as the cars running on air compression, materials being grown and ideas that go into the designs of these cars, and what the designers see is possible for the future. Researching further into these prototype cars I found the LA auto show from 2010. The biome from Mercedes-Benz stood out for me as it is designed to be a part of the environment and became part of my sketch work. I choose to have the technology of the air compression giving it eco friendly energy and the shapes of the biome to become my final design. I enjoyed this project and researching the new technologies. I am happy with the final outcome but feel I could improve with the presentation and the drawings of my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment