Wednesday 24 August 2011

Ipod Dock


After seeing bananaboxdesign blog on his mp3 dock, I decided to try and have ago myself. After looking into dock designs i liked the tubular ones with speakers on the outside. I wanted my speakers to feel and look more organic so i choose to look for a piece of wood that would hold the speakers in either side. After looking for a suitable piece of wood in the woods I decided to go back and try another spot but came across this log. It wasn’t straight but it added to the organic shape of the wood that I liked straight away and could see how the design would look in the end.




Here is the final ipod dock. Very happy with how it has turned out apart from these are the only speakers I could use for it at the moment :(. Would like to do this again with better speakers and tools to get a better finish. Thank you for looking please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. that's stunning! I'd have that in my home- love it!x

    ReplyDelete